Roaming with a broken spirit...but also with hope...
Friday, December 10, 2010
Looks like 2011 for us
I miss our stuff...I miss our bed, Makena's new bed, our kitchen stuff, our TV...instead of getting our wonderful sea shipment in time for Christmas, we might have it in time for New Years - Chinese New Years, that is - which falls the first week of February in 2011. Merry Christmas to us...guess we'll have to celebrate with the gifts in our sea shipment in February! I stayed positive through a missing air shipment, three weeks in hotels, toddler jet lag, no curtains, IKEA breaking our elevator, a delay in Makena's curtains, a contractor breaking our front door, an argument in Chinese in our apartment, no friends, but this just put me over the top this morning. I also woke up in the middle of the night with food poisoning. Lucky, me! If Makena were just a bit older and could deal with jet lag better, I would put the Brown girls on a plane back to the States for a while. Unfortunately, traveling that far with Makena would cause more stress than the relief I would feel from being *home*. Ugh! I just can't win. 2011 is going to be a great year for us...I just know it!