Charlie got his final letter yesterday and signed it! We are officially on the expat fast track now...I finally told our family! It was important for us to make sure this would happen before we involved a bunch of folks in it! We leave Sunday for three weeks. We are heading to Hong Kong to find an apartment for our family and a school for Makena! I am also planning to do some window shopping to find out what we might want to go ahead and buy stateside and have shipped. I hear that linens are much nicer here!
It is exhilarating to think about our *new* life! Wow! What a big change we have coming up VERY quickly. I am in the middle of packing for our 22-day trip...good times...
Scout and Boo are happily playing with a foster family while they wait for their adoption to be official. Surrendering the girls was one of the absolutely most difficult things I have ever done. Wow...we were a wreck! This is one of those times where we had to look out for the best interest of the animals - not for the best interest of us. They will be happier in the long run with a yard to play in and no quarantine upon re-entry into the US. We do love those dogs though - the good part about only *knowing* them until they were four years old is that we will always remember the happy and playful pups, free of medical issues and old age.
Officially roaming...