Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Package

We received the "package" on Friday...and spent all weekend going over what it says, what we think it should have said, what we are surprised that it said, and what we want to ask about. In the end, I am letting this fall to Charlie. I trust him and know that he will do what is best for our family.

We've known about the possibility of a HK move since April, but it is only now a true and outright reality! We will go on a relocation trip for a week or two in relative short order to find a place to live. We are hoping to sell our boat, the Cayenne, and the Prius relatively easily, and quite reluctantly, I contacted the Jack Russell Rescue organization in NC today. We don't know anyone who doesn't already have pets and/or wants another pet(s), and we want to make sure that Scout and Boo are adopted by a wonderful family where they will receive all of the love and attention that they deserve! The rescue organization has a great reputation for fostering and for finding wonderful and loving families for JRs...but boy do we already miss them!

I suppose it is time to tell our families. Cross your fingers that everyone is happy for us! I just am not ready to deal with any negativity toward Asia (and beyond that toward our daughter) or overseas moves in general...expats are awesome, right?!?!

Just roaming...