Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No looking back...

Life is wonderful. It is full of the unexpected...and often the unanticipated! The movers finished today - our worldly possessions are probably sitting in the moving truck at the warehouse. We were asked to divide everything into three categories: things to ship via air, things to send via sea, and things to be placed in state-side storage. What they didn't add were the last two categories: things to give away/sell and things to toss. Those were the two hardest categories (although the air/sea ones did provide their own moments of complete and utter indecision). That being said, the decisions were made about what to take with us and we will just be happy with whatever shows up! I was completely flattered (pathetic as it may be), that the movers complimented us this afternoon! They said that I was the nicest and most easy-to-work-with client they have had in a combined 70+ years - woohoo! At least I made a few people happy today!

The last few months flew by. We found Boo and Scout a wonderful loving home - we told our families about our big move - I threw Charlie a surprise 40th birthday party - we flew to NOLA as part of the surprise and Charlie's dad met us - we went to Hong Kong/Thailand for over three weeks to find a new home/school - we visited relatives/friends - we packed our house - and now we live in a hotel! Our lives sure are full and while I wouldn't change anything, I do have mixed emotions. I do feel for Charlie (although at moments I have resented it, but I know that he is working so hard and is the reason for all of this!), as he has only spent about 14 days at home since his birthday - in August! Regardless, everything is packed and about as organized as it can be given the circumstances. The rest of this week will be tying up loose ends and making the house presentable for possible tenants. Our plane leaves Monday morning - it doesn't seem real.

Roaming ahead...