Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Friends

Through this big change, we have truly realized what wonderful friendships we've had the good fortune of making in the last five years. We will probably never have the good fortune to land in such an amazing neighborhood again! God surrounded us with amazing people - friends that we will never forget. Friday nights will be the time when we miss *home* the most (although it will be Saturday morning now for us!). Friday night driveway parties or hanging out in the "love grotto" (not what it sounds like...!) provided us with such amazingly relaxing evenings. Charlie and I caught ourselves counting down the week by how many more days until we went to the driveway! Jason, Marne, Max, Steve, Delaine, Kerrigan, Kate, Addison, Kenneth, Linda, Erin, Sharon, Claudia, Cullen, Justin, Anita, Judy, and all of our other wonderful neighbors - thank you for making us feel like a part of your families! You ALWAYS have a place in our hearts and our homes!

Our neighborhood wasn't the only provider of amazing and fantastic folks. The friends from Charlie's job helped us to feel comfortable in this town when we first moved from LA and they became irreplaceable as the months and years went by. The nights out on the town (before we got Scout and Boo - and then Makena) were amazing and I often think about the fun times we had. I had the incredible fortune to meet some wonderful moms and do not know what I will do without having weekly (and sometimes) daily chats! Thank you is not sufficient for all you've done for me and for my family. You helped me to be a better mom and you made Makena feel SO important...for that I am eternally grateful. You are completely amazing and memorable friends. We will miss you!

Roaming while reminiscing...